NEW YORK -The President of the United States Donald Trump is going to put forward the candidate on a post of the head of the Defense Ministry, Mark Esper, who is now the Minister of land forces of the United States. CNN reported on Friday.
According to his sources, Esper is already preparing the necessary documents. Trump allegedly asked his supporters to support this candidacy.
The US President said earlier this month that he did not rule out the possibility of Esper’s nomination for the post. This appointment is subject to approval by the Senate of Congress.
On Tuesday, Trump said on Twitter that the candidate for the post of Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan recuses himself, and to perform the duties of the Pentagon instead of him will be Esper. Shanahan is expected to hand over his powers to Esper by June 24.