The bones probably belong to a representative of one of the Indian peoples.
“Very old” human remains found near the mansion of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in California. The bones were discovered during landscaping work last week on a road near the Montecito complex where the British Queen’s grandson is staying.
Human remains believed to be more than 10,000 years old have been found yards from the mansion of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in California, Fox News reports.
The “very ancient” bones were discovered during landscaping work last week on a road near the $ 15 million Montecito mansions, the Santa Barbara Sheriff’s office told Britain’s The Daily Mail.
The remains appeared to belong to a “young man,” officials told the newspaper.
The report says that preliminary results from a forensic anthropologist brought in to help investigators indicate that the bones may have belonged to a member of the Chumash Indian people, who lived in the area almost 11,000 years ago.
Officials have not been able to confirm whether the bones belong to a representative of the Chumash people, but they believe that this is probably the case “because we live in this area.”
At the same time, the authorities confirmed that the property on which the remains were found had nothing to do with Meghan and Harry.
It is reported that the police are currently in talks with the local commission on Native American affairs to discuss what to do if it is confirmed that the bones belong to a Native American.
The Chumash came into contact with the first European settlers in the area in 1542, and Spain settled the area in 1770, causing great upheaval for the locals. In 1901, a reservation was created for the Chumash Indians, which is now home to 5 thousand people, according to an article in the Daily Mail.
The investigation into the discovery of ancient bones is just the latest on the property of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Police were reportedly called to the palace complex nine times recently, the Daily Mail reported in April. One intruder was arrested after traveling all the way from Ohio to break into this mansion twice on Christmas Day. Nicholas Brooks, 37, was first caught trespassing at a Montecito mansion on December 24, but officers from the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office released him with a warning, TMZ reports. However, two days later, Brooks reappeared and was subsequently arrested. It is unclear why he went to the house and whether the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were there at the time.