Kendall Jenner was sued for a million dollars for missing a photoshoot

Italian fashion brand Liu Jo has sued American supermodel Kendall Jenner for violating a modeling contract. Eonline reports this.

According to the publication, the company filed a lawsuit against the 25-year-old celebrity in the New York City Court on August 2. According to the document, Jenner missed one of the two planned photoshoots, for which she was supposed to receive a total of $ 1.5 million.

The first shooting was conducted in July 2019. In February 2020, the star received $ 1.3 million for it. The second photoshoot was scheduled for March 2020, but due to the coronavirus pandemic, it was postponed to the fall without approving a specific date. Representatives of the brand said that Jenner stopped responding to messages from the organizers of the shooting, thereby violating the terms of the contract.

In addition, in September 2020, it became known that the model went to Italy to shoot for the Versace brand. In this regard, Liu Jo demanded compensation from the star for at least $ 1.8 million. “Due to Ms. Jenner’s refusal to negotiate in good faith, we were forced to find a replacement for her and review the entire photoshoot. Because of this, our company has suffered huge losses,” the plaintiff said in a statement.

Kendall Jenner, in turn, denies the brand’s accusations. A representative of the New York modeling agency The Society Management, whose name is not specified, commented on the incident: “This claim has no grounds whatsoever. The management of our company, on behalf of Ms. Jenner, constantly offered Liu Jo alternative dates and locations for the shooting, which had to be postponed indefinitely due to the coronavirus pandemic.”

The details of the incident are being clarified.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Author: Oleg Ceban
Graduated from University of Oxford. Previously, he worked in various diferent news media. Currently, it is a columnist of the world news section in the Free News editors.
Function: Editor
E-mail: olegceban01@gmail.com
Oleg Ceban

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: