The Foreign Ministry has published a list of former and current US officials who are barred from entering Russia because of their involvement in the development and implementation of an anti-Russian course:
- Merrick Garland, US Attorney General;
- Michael Carvajal, Director of the US Federal Bureau of Prisons;
- Alejandro Mayorkas, US Secretary of Homeland Security;
- Susan Rice, US President’s Domestic Policy Adviser, former Permanent Representative to the United Nations and National Security Aide;
- Christopher Wray, Director of the FBI;
- Avril Haines, Director of National Intelligence
- John Bolton, former Assistant to the President of the United States for National Security and Permanent Representative to the United Nations;
- Robert Woolsey, former director of the CIA.
On Smolenskaya Square, they explained that they made this decision in response to the US sanctions imposed on Russian officials on March 2.
It is also noted that the Foreign Ministry took into account “the unprecedented nature of the complications provoked by Washington in Russian-American relations” and, contrary to the usual practice, published the names of the new members of the blacklist.